Tuesday

Chickens: 15 weeks

Our chickens are now 15 weeks old.....23 of them. We have red stars, black stars, white rocks, turkens, silver-laced wyandottes, and one black rock. They are getting big and we could be getting eggs within the next 5 weeks...the boys are waiting anxiously!!


Here is Cale and Pigeon, one of our Red Stars (We also have Clover, Brownie, Brown Cow and Dandelion)


Photobucket


Next is Bruto, one of the Wyandottes (We also have Eunice). I think they are so pretty.


Photobucket


Then- well I am not entirely sure which- but either Turk or Turkey Lurkey....my older 2 kids can tell them apart I haven't memorized which is which yet.


Photobucket


And finally, poor Hopper, one of the White Rocks...I am not sure what to do about her. The boys love her. Take special treats just for her. But I can't imagine her quality of life is very good. She's been in this condition since 3 weeks- a slipped tendon I believe. We tried to brace it at first but it didn't help and now it is awful!!! I don't have it in me to "fix" the problem and I know the boys would be in tears if we did anyway....so I guess we'll just see what happens in time.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment