Tuesday

Solar Oven

I have wanted to make a solar oven for awhile now....and a solar heater....but that one hasn't happened yet. A month or so ago I got a Family Fun magazine in the mail and it had plan for a solar oven. All laid out, using a pizza box. Finally last week while visiting Paul's grandmother we ate pizza out in. So I had the pizza box.


All it took was the box, foil, black paper, tape and some type of plastic....I used old page protectors from a scrapbook. And here is the finised product ready to go:


Photobucket


Then you close it up and set it so the sun reflects off the foil into the box.


Photobucket


Then you wait. But in the summer you should really plan ahead- I didn't- because as you know...chocolate melts a whole lot quicker than marshmallows..... I should have thought about that more when the chocolate was melting as I unwrapped it....but anyway.....the marshmallow was warm, but not gooey, the chocolate was almost a puddle....but it was still yummy when it was all said and done.


Photobucket


We will try again to capture the sun this winter....when I fully intend to make the solar heater to heat our play/school room.....

No comments:

Post a Comment