Wednesday

A Study of Kandinsky


Photobucket


This year I have planned to study a handful of artists. This week we began with our first artist: Wassily Kandinsky. His abstract art and use of color and shapes seemed to be a good first choice for my boys. In my planning I discovered that our library is not a good resource for art prints, so I had to improvise. There are a number of online galleries- this one was one of my favorites- so I set my printer on 4x6 photopaper and saved a few images from the galleries. They turned out nicely- with the exception of the one print I really wanted. Farbstudie Quadrate wasn't avaiable in a good print size. I did manage a smaller one though. So throughout the week we have been looking at the prints, discussing colors and abstracts, narrating a few of the prints, and today we got out the paints to make our own "Kandinsky". So after blocking their papers and a brief discription of concentric circles they went to work.


Here is the print I chose for them:


Wassily Kandinsky - Farbstudie Quadrate - Art Prints and Posters


Hard at work:


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


And here are the masterpieces: (Cohen, Cale, Rylan)


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


And finally the little artist. This is the first time I have let him go all out with the paints. He could pick and choose just like the bigger boys and he had a blast (was a mess by the end too)


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a neat project. Thank you for sending me the link!

    ReplyDelete