Tuesday

Plastic Bags....revisited

Photobucket


A few months ago I made this with the a few of the plastic bags taking over my living room. Family Fun Magazine also showcased a very similar project in their August edition. Look here if you want to see a fellow blogger's finished project. Now when you have nearly 1000 bags creeping out of corners of your dining room, flattening and cutting; then ironing and sewing them isn't a good use of time. Plus I didn't have a huge need for plastic fabric. But I did have a need for the book corner in our playroom. We had a bean bag, but it got ruined (bad, bad, cats!) So all we had was a rug. So When I was shoving the zillions of bags into a large ones the thought struck me that they would make a great filler. So I went to the closet and took out two old recieving blankets (now I wish I didn't give the rest away) and sewed them together and once turned right side out Cohen helped me stuff it full of bags. Then I sewed it shut. Voila....a nice huge pillow for my playroom and no more bags. The 2 younger boys were in with me at the time and immediately sat down and read to themselves and each other for a good 20 minutes.


Photobucket


I made this one back at the beginning of July. Since then I have made another, using an old pillow case (very little sewing on that one). I'll probably make a few more as the bags collect, so there is room for all in the corner. But it is now a favorite place to read and sit during school time. So we are all happy!

3 comments:

  1. OH that is a GREAT recycling idea. I am filing that one away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it make a crinkle sound when you sit or lay on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it does make a little bit of a crinkle sound, not much and it was just as comfy as a bean bag....

    ReplyDelete