Tuesday

We're going to the zoo...zoo...zoo....

This morning we had an abbreviated school schedule...Paul stepped in as the teacher at the library after they dropped me off at the dentist. It has been a LONG time since I have been to the dentist and I had one tooth I knew needed work on....and as worried as I was about it, the worst looking one is the one that is the least problematic. I have 4 total in need of fillings. But all simple fillings. So I'll be going to the dentist often in the next few months...

But once that was over and done with, we all headed off to the zoo! Cohen has been asking to go for months, and I have been wanting to go to see the new butterfly gardens-
It was a wonderful day...the 90 degree summer heat has left us with upper 70s and it feels great! A perfect day for the zoo, which was nearly desserted so we had it almost all to ourselves. It was the first time Cohen hiked the entire place. I think the butterfly house ended up being one of their favorite places this time, and the girl in there was really good with them; helping them hold the butterflies and explaining different things. I think she was a bit suprised at their knowlege on the subject. And we found out the name of the species we have all over our yard.



And of course the petting zoo is always a favorite. Our zoo opened up a new Kids Cove area a few years ago, and while the entire area is a lot nicer than before....with a huge sandbox and playarea, and a carosel. Plus beavers, chickens, rabbits, and pigs to observe. I think the actual petting zoo used to be better. It's much smaller now and not quite as many animals. But they still love to brush the goats.Cohen finally came in this trip. He has been scared of the goats, and was still a little nervous. So he stayed close to this little guy most of the time, laughing at his "tiny voice"

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun day and a great memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you ever hatched butterflies? It was super fun for us! http://funmajors.blogspot.com/2008/03/butterflies.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day, whaleless as it was. ;) Great pic of the butterfly landing. That is something we don't have at our zoo. :)

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm assuming this was the Knoxville zoo...? Is that a good one? I've thought about making the trek down there before, but I wasn't sure.

    ReplyDelete