Tuesday

Edible Books

Every year our library holds an Edible Book Contest. Last year Rylan and I entered for fun. We made this cake:
Photobucket
It is of Wild Island from My Father's Dragon, we had just finshed reading the trilogy and it was a fun tie in to the book. Rylan had a lot of fun making little trees and helping with the animals and such.

So we have entered again this year. It took awhile to choose the book, but finally we chose one of Cohen's favorite stories.....I think it is an easy guess as to what book it is....if you know children's books, that is....


I don't know if I am happy with it or not. There are a few places I messed up on, which I suppose happens when you have "helpers". They were good helpers though- they kneaded my colors all together. Part of me wants to make another- but I won't...although I don't have to drop it off at the library until Thursday...


Editied to add: I couldn't leave it alone...one part was bugging me too much, so I covered it up....Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have to say you make wonderful cakes. :)

    ReplyDelete