Monday

32 Years


 Today is my 32nd birthday.  It was a good day. Well, something bad happened, but I am not going to focus on that. I am going to focus on the happy and good things that happened today.


Like my older boys bringing this inside for me this morning. They've been keeping it hidden for 2 weeks. Strategically placing grass and arranging leaves so I didn't see it...and keeping me away from the plant in general. And here I thought that Cale was just being extra helpful this week- feeding and letting the chickens out first thing in the morning.


This monster is almost 4 lbs. Yesterday we picked what I considered a monster zucchini...here is is next to the huge one and a normal one. You can see Annika off to the side. This thing is almost as big as she is!


Paul brought me home beautiful flowers.  


Rylan made me an amazing cake. It's a copy cat recipe of the Olive Garden's Black Tie Mousse Cake. It looked great and tasted wonderful.  If you've never heard of or tasted the Black Tie Mousse Cake, here is the inside:


It's 4 layers....chocolate cake on the bottom, then chocolate cheese cake, then Italian Mousse and topped with chocolate ganache. I helped him with the folding in the mousse layer and spreading the ganache on the sides, but the rest was him. Cale and Cohen worked together to make pesto rolls for dinner tonight. It was a good day.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! It looks like a great day and that cake looks delicious! Wishing you all the best this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Looks like you were well taken care of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great birthday! What sweet kids you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love zucchini! Are you kidding me with that 4lb. monster! Greatest homegrown veggie I've ever seen! Your blog is super cute...connected via Bloggy Moms :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Sadie! I hope you had an amazing one. :) Did you see how to make zucchini candy with that monster Cale picked? Linky link:

    http://goddesshobbies.blogspot.com/2009/10/preserving-food-zucchini-candy.html

    It's a great use for a baseball sized treat. ;)

    Love Val

    ReplyDelete