Wednesday

Zucchini Pancakes


Zucchini Pancakes

1 medium zucchini grated (about 2 cups)
6-8 T Flour
1/4 cup onion
1 clove garlic- minced
2 eggs- slightly beaten
salt and pepper
butter for frying

Place the zucchini in a bowl and mix in the eggs. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix in 6 T of flour, if it still very wet add the additional flour.

Preheat a skillet on medium, place a small amout of butter in the pan (or olive oil) and spoon about 1/4 cup of batter in the pan. Cook 2 min on each side- or until browned. Makes about 6 large pancakes.


I don't know why I've never made these before...but they went over extremely well. Everyone gobbled them up- some with ketchup, some plain, some with butter. I added a bit of Old Bay Seasonings too.....I plan to make "Poor Man's Crab Cakes" in a few days and I think they'll go over well since these did.

Garden overflowing with zucchini? Try these other recipes:

zucchini quesadillas

chocolate zucchini bread
zucchini garlic bread

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another recipe - I'll try it with my summer squash. Today, I marinated some and put it in the dehydrator to make chips. I've not done this before, so I hope it turns out. Tomorrow, I plan to make a cheese soup with some of the squash. I think these pancakes will go well with that.

    ReplyDelete