Wednesday

Vacationing

Last week I took a vacation....well, a mental vacation maybe. A vacation from many of my normal daily duties...

I completely ignored the weeds growing in the garden

I ignored the dust on the shelves and the hair on the floors

I ignored the dishes- as much as one can when the dishwasher is broken

I ignored the laundry

I ignored just about everything except preparing meals, baths, and playing/reading with the kids when they asked me to.

What did I do?

On Thursday I read this:

On Friday I read this:



On Saturday I read this:


On Sunday I read this:


Although Paul was home some on Sunday so I didn't read quite as much, so I had to finish the book during quiet time on Monday. I was seeing vampires in my sleep. It's been a long time since I have read like that- when I was in high school it was quite common for me to read 400+ page books in one day/night....

But now I am back....I have received 2 of my 3 orders for the upcoming school year. I have most of the curriculum I am going to use, I have 2 units planned, and about 7 more to plan...or at the very least roughly outline...school officially starts the first week in July.

5 comments:

  1. Love it, glad you got a good book reading session in. I just went though the same book-reading obsession myself (still kind of in it) and swear nothing got done for about 2 weeks lol.

    The Twilight books were SO good to read though and were definetly page turners. I think I will read them again here real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a staycation to me. I hope you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love it, I hope you truly enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing with those books. 3 Days, read them all. What a wonderful world to drop yourself into for a while and take a quick vacation. :)

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love to read, but I'm slow - especially with kids. I'm happy to get a book read a month.

    ReplyDelete