This past Tuesday we dug up the sweet potatoes. The above picture is about half of the larger bed....we also had a smaller bed. 40+ plants in all.
The boys and I pulled vines and dug the roots on the smaller bed while Paul worked on clearing the mess of vines on the larger bed.
The mosquitoes were horrible. The ground on the larger bed was really packed, which made it much harder to dig them up without snapping them in half.
But we got a good amount. I haven't weighed them yet, they are all sitting in a heap in front of our fireplace right now curing.
I'm still not sure about the white flesh. The texture is different too. But having never grown these before, I don't know if the sticky texture will go away as they sit longer. They do make good biscuits, just not quite as fluffy as the orange one we had before. I am not sure if we got all of them out of the ground. It started to rain and Lakin started to look like he had chicken pox from the mosquitoes so we had to go in.