Sunday

Family and Fences

The week of Thanksgiving....


We spent the week in NC, with my brother and his fiance and my mom, step-dad and little sister who were in from Oklahoma.


The bulk of the week was spent just hanging around the land...and building a fence for our dogs.


The weather was sort of all over the place, but for the most part really pleasant. We had a couple colder rainy days, but also a few in the 60s and sunny. Which was really nice for late November.

 

The boys all helped with the fence in some way- fetching tools, refilling the trench, holding posts, etc.

  

There was firewood cutting- taking it from the forest to the trailer and down the hill to the house. Rylan and Cale spent some time splitting the logs.


And visiting. Annika had never met her Aunt Amy before, and they spent a lot of time together.


Thanksgiving morning was spent in the kitchen....

making bread


and pie

 

and whipped cream


and finally fixing the clogged sink....

 

doing a little work while the food was cooking


and finally Thanksgiving dinner. On the back deck, surrounded by the mountains and my family- including my dad and step-mom, who came up for the day. It's been so long since all of us have been in one place.


Enjoying her first Thanksgiving meal- she particularly liked the stuffing.


And finally, an early morning good-bye on Friday

 

My mom headed back to Oklahoma, us back to TN and later this week my brother heads back to Colombia
 

Hopefully it won't be quite as long before we are all in the same place at the same time again.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your had that time together. :) I missed my family so much this Thanksgiving.

    You are always getting so much done. What an industrious family you are.

    ReplyDelete