Saturday

The Witching Hour

So most parents know about the "witching hour." Usually this time tends to fall before dinner- the kids get crabby, hungry, etc. But not in my house. Here my kids go insanely wild. And it's not before dinner, but after. For half the year they go outside as soon as they finish eating and come back in at bath time, but now it gets dark and they have to go crazy inside.

Most years I just go to my room after awhile, or I will go crazy too. There is only so much of that energy I can take. But to be honest, at this point in my pregnancy I am pretty irritable and I can't handle it at all.


But for the past 3 nights I have had complete calm after dinner. My solution?


Tracing paper.


Seriously the best thing for my perfectionists who don't like to draw because it never turns out how they want. They have stacks of story books and animal encyclopedias on the table. And stacks of traced dinosaurs, sharks, book scenes and covers....


I'm not sure how long the interest will last, but I will enjoy it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment