Wednesday

Glimpse

A glimpse into our week:


Playing, building and creating with wire



 Painting. Lots of painting. For fun and to enter into the upcoming fair.



Reading. Lakin got every book on vehicles he could carry at the library. Today Rylan got the next 4 books in the Warriors series he is reading.


Oil Pastels. I have always loved working with oil pastels. So much nicer than crayons. Lakin and Cohen were inspired by my numerous art peacock art projects on my Pinterest board. So they got some feathers out to draw. Rylan finished one to enter in the Mountain State Fair.




 Clay and Airplanes. Lakin made an awesome model of a Thunderbolt out of clay.



Nature. We found this spiky thing crawling outside. We haven't identified it yet.  And this morning I found this huge beetle outside the back door. They identified it as a Dung Beetle. Cale was disappointed that it didn't suddenly start rolling the chicken poop he set it by.



You may have noticed that I like peacocks. I have always wanted to own a pair. I almost had one. He was hatched weak. He was unsteady on his feet and always tired. He fought to survive for 2 weeks, before he lost his fight. I'm sad, he was a sweet little bird. One day I'll have my beautiful birds, but for now I'll just collect my polka dotted guinea feathers.


Tomorrow we are heading out to do some bird watching. Don't forget to come back on Friday, to read about that adventure and to link up any of your own field trip posts on Field Trip Friday!

Linked to Meet Me Monday

4 comments:

  1. Very busy homestead! Sorry to hear about the little peachick, it is too bad s/he didn't pull through. :( Have fun at the state fair and good luck with those lovely peacock feather arts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like everyone is in the "groove" this week! I love the wire peacock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bright blog colors. Your pictures are crisp and great. How did you get your pics to stagger in your header? Thanks so much for sharing about your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love this work :)

    the feather drawings are beautiful! love the wire work. i just got a big donation of wire; i am trying to figure out if i should sell it from my site! :)

    ReplyDelete