Monday

No, They're Not.

There is one thing I often get asked when me and the boys are out and about.

After they ask if they are all mine. After they comment on the fact that I don't have a daughter. After they ask if we are having any more. After they say I am brave.

"Are they always this good?!?"

Depending on my mood I answer different ways. I might just smile. Or I say "most of the time" or "only out in public" or simply "yes".
That's the easy answer.

The real answer?

No, they're not.


That's number 3 in their room. Number 4 in the house.

Their door is currently a curtain because they pretty much busted the door off the frame.

They have tempers that they haven't learned to control yet.

All of them.


8 comments:

  1. Raising boys is hard. It takes a special kind of person. I'm not always up to the challenge, although most days I can remind myself that Jesus was a little boy once too. We'll live through all this and laugh about it someday. Someday seems a long way off some days though. Next time someone asks if they're always that good, tell her the truth: they're sinners just like the rest of us and still on a very long road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one...and he can be a handful. Three must be lots of fun. But, little boys can be so sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember if I just posted that you have 3 or 4 boys. lol. I meant four! It's late and I should be in bed. SORRY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was rolling on the floor laughing after reading this one! So glad I'm not alone :) Sorry about the wall though.
    . . . The waterhose is great for "cooling" off those hot tempers!
    My walls have survived (so far), but we've lost a couple windows & I have to break up fights daily! They love being brothers & are the sweetest little boys, but in the turn of a toy can become the meanest as well.
    I'd still take 4 boys over 4 girls ANYDAY!
    . . . . So, are you still trying for the girl? (J/K, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. People always say the funniest things about other people's kids. Serves as a helpful reminder to remain sensitive to others.

    ReplyDelete