Tuesday

24 Days of Christmas: Day 8 and 9

Day 8

Warm drinks and good books

This was an easy, no fuss day. Simply hot chocolate for all and every holiday/winter book in the house and some from the library too. From The Polar Express and Twas the Night Before Christmas to Merry Christmas Little Critter and The Big Snow.


Day 9

Christmas Cards

Usually I just send out the premade photocards and a note, but since we are on a crafting kick right now I thought we'd make some this year. I precut the pieces: background, tree and trunk. They punched the snowflakes.
I did have to bite my tongue a couple times when a couple trees were being completely covered in snowflakes...and remember they weren't *my* cards, even though they will be the ones I send out.

But I really love how they turned out.





5 comments:

  1. Lovly ideas once again.
    The hot cocoa looks yum right about now. I need the bigger marshmallows after skating tomorrow.
    The cards turned out completely beautiful nice job.


    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they turned out! Glad you didn't interfere with the creativity (though it is very hard!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look gorgeous too - but I do know how hard it can be ;)

    You make me wanna do marshmallows in hot chocolate too & it's scorching hot in the southern hemisphere!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so nice! We do the Christmas picture card thing. It's the only family picture we seem to take all year long. It looks like you're having a lot of fun planning for the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those are adorable! What a fun time crafting you are having! My camera has been in the back of my dh's car since the birthday party on Wed. Must take it out to show all the cool crafty things we have been doing too.

    You're amazing. :)

    Val

    ReplyDelete