Saturday

Art unit- Lesson 3

Lesson 3: COLORS

First was experimentation with colors. I had 3 stations: the colored water in primary colors, a tray with tempera paint cakes in the primary colors and a tray with tempera paint cakes in the secondary color. The goal in the first 2 was to mix orange, green and purple. The last tray was to make yellow, red, and blue. Rylan immediately looked at me like I had 3 heads and said I can't make those colors! But he gave it a try anyway. And when he reached a color that was yellowish we had a nice discussion about why orange and green would produce something with yellow undertones.

Next we made a color 'family tree' with the paints to show the different colors made by combing primary and secondary colors. We looked at original artwork and completed their own artwork using the 3 topics we've covered already.

Lesson 1
Lesson 2

2 comments:

  1. The colour-family-tree is a nice idea!
    I found your blog today and will visit you later again, always looking for inspiration activities for me and my boys :)
    bye,
    Sybille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying your art unit study. You have some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete